Omelettes are a quick and easy meal you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can pretty much throw anything into them and it will be delicious. I tend to use last night’s left overs and lots of greens. High in protein and omega 3, they’re my go to meal.
Knob of unsalted grass fed butter
4 Free range eggs
2 slices of ham
Large handful of spinach
Dash of whole milk
5 precooked new potatoes (Last night’s leftovers)
- Add the butter to a hot pan, moving it around until it covers the base completely.
- Roughly chop up your potatoes, spinach and ham and add to the pan.
- Crack all four eggs into a bowl and add milk, then whisk them together.
- Once the potatoes are warmed through, arrange the ingredients in the pan so that they are evenly dispersed
- Pour the whisked egg mixture into the pan making sure the ham, spinach and potatoes are covered
- Turn the hob down to a medium heat and let the mixture simmer
- Once the omelette has started to firm up ease around the edges with a spatula gently lifting as you go.
- Once the bottom is golden and there is little raw egg on top you can either fold the omelette in half or gently slide it on to a plate